Donations will allow us to develop and provide year-round daytime and after-school programs, summer camps, and special enrichment programs. Additional funds will increase our ability to purchase German and Spanish language books, other classroom material, and to renovate and upgrade our facilities as needed.
As Pusteblume grows, we will implement fundraising initiatives. Pusteblume will seek gifts and future gift commitments that are consistent with its mission, including government grants, foundation and corporate support, individual giving, and aspects of earned revenue (such as bake and art sales, auctions, and special events).
Click on the DONATE button. You will be directed through a secure Paypal process and will receive a confirmation letter by mail for your tax-deductible contribution from the Friends of the German International School of New York, Inc., the 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization which is sponsoring Pusteblume International Preschool. Thank you for your donation!
Here are some ideas on how to maximize your donation:
- Tell everyone you know about the project, and ask them to donate too.
- Ask your company to add our charity to their matching program list so that all contributions will be matched.
- Ask your company to sponsor the Pusteblume International Preschool, by giving money and / or other resources or services.
Individual Donor Support Policy
Donors are encouraged to support areas reflecting their personal interests as long as consistent with Pusteblume’s general philosophy. Pusteblume priorities include gifts for unrestricted, restricted and endowment purposes. All gifts must benefit the school. Pusteblume reserves the right to refuse any gifts that it believes is not in the best interest of the organization. The following factors shall guide the review of gifts:
- Whether the purposes of the gift falls within the charitable purpose of Pusteblume.
- Whether the gift places other assets of Pusteblume at risk or costs a disproportionate amount to maintain or manage.
- The nature and duration of any restrictions. Unless otherwise specified by the donor in writing, all donations to Pusteblume will be accepted and used on an unrestricted basis. Pusteblume encourages donors to make unrestricted gifts because they provide the flexibility needed to support programming that may require change over the course of time.
- Pusteblume accepts restricted gifts to a predetermined selection of programs, activities, and capital improvements. All other restricted gifts must be approved by the Director and/or Board of Trustees.
- When gifts with restrictions are accepted, restrictions will be honored. These restrictions will be detailed in the donor’s gift or pledge commitment letter.
- Donors should complete and sign a gift or pledge agreement form detailing the purpose of the gift, payment schedule, and how they wish their names to appear in donor-recognition materials.
- No verbal pledges will be recognized as having been made. Either a signed pledge or letter of intent must be in possession before a pledge is recorded.
Business Support Policy
Pusteblume believes that it can best fulfill its mission through a broad base of support from various sources. However, to maintain its independence and objectivity, it seeks to identify any areas where there may be real or apparent conflicts of interest or where the mission, programs, projects and independence of the school could be compromised.
As part of expanding its base of support, Pusteblume accepts gifts from the corporate sector. Pusteblume recognizes that corporations, as profit-centered organizations, have obligations to their shareholders, boards and employees to be successful. The school also recognizes that companies support the nonprofit sector not only out of a desire to be helpful, but also with a hope of a return or benefit to the companies. Given these realities and both legal and ethical considerations, Pusteblume accepts support from the corporate sector in ways that will benefit and recognize the supporting companies while enabling Pusteblume to better achieve its mission without compromising its principles:
- Pusteblume will solicit and accept support only for activities that are consistent with its mission.
- Pusteblume will maintain complete control, consistent with any donor restrictions acceptable to the school, of all funds provided by corporations, organizations, and individuals.
- Pusteblume will not accept any support that implies or requires endorsement of products.
- Acknowledgements for corporate support will be limited to the companies’ names, logos, or slogans that are an established part of the supporters’ identities.
References: Ciconte, Barbara L. Developing Fundraising Policies and Procedures. (Association of Fundraising Professionals, 2007)